What really happened on our Wedding Night!

While I was getting ready this morning, I was listening to my usual radio show. The hosts asked listeners about their wedding night, which instantly put a huge smile on my face. Our wedding night was one to remember… not for reasons you may think.

63245_10151314757918606_1893027260_nAs I have said in previous posts, our wedding day was truly one of the best days of my life. All of our friends and family gathered to celebrate, dancing and drinking the night away. The lights to the venue came on, the DJ annouced last dance and our guests starting making their way home (or to a few after parties!).

What happened next was something my husband and I will never forget…

377370_10151073119393303_1353535146_nAs we thanked our guests for coming, my husband turned to me, smiled, gave me a big hug and said “Let’s go home babe, it has been a very long but amazing day.” Our limo took us to our house, made sure everything was out of the limo, congratulated us again on our marriage and left. We made our way up the driveway, went to walk in the front door when we discovered the door was locked!!! My husband and I looked at one another, very confused because it wasn’t supposed to be. I had asked my parents to make sure they left the door open after walking and feeding our dog between the ceremony and reception. As the bride, I didn’t bring my purse and my husband didn’t bring his wallet, nor our keys. Our cellphones were almost dead, they were flashing red and both sets of parents lived 20-30 minutes away. We checked every opening to our home, it was locked like Fort Knox!

There we were, bride and groom at 3:00 a.m. on their wedding night locked out of our own house. What the heck were we going to do? I called my parents… pretty upset to say the least… it would take them at least 30 minutes to get there. We were exhausted, our feet and backs were killing us. After a few moments, my husband asked me how much battery was left on my phone. I told him it was going to die soon, but his was now dead so we didn’t have much choice. He looked at our SUV in the driveway and said, “What do you think the chances are your parents locked the door from the garage to the house?” He suggested calling CAA and have them remotely unlock the vehicle so we can open the garage to see if that door was unlocked. I was on the phone with CAA and I hear my battery buzzing to say it was going to die. Sure enough, the minute CAA remotely unlocked the SUV my phone died. The garage door opened and we nervously tried the mandoor from the garage to the house… it was open!!!! We took a huge sigh of relief, as it was now 3:30 a.m. and we were officially walking zombies.

I am sure you can appreciate at the time this was not funny, but now it is a story we all get a good laugh out of!






Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s